Rock music and hearing loss - to quote Who singer Roger Daltrey: "We’re all going deaf. We’re all wearing hearing aids"

From the interview:

How’s your hearing?

My hearing’s dreadful. We’re all going deaf. We’re all wearing hearing aids. No it’s true. I suggest to everybody over the age of 50 that have been going to loud concerts for years and years and years, go and have your hearing tested. You’d be surprised what you’re missing. It’s unbelievable. Most people over the age of 60 are lip-reading. (Jokes) And it’s all our fault!

How do you keep your voice in shape?

If you don’t use it, you lose it, simple as that. And too many of our generation they think they’ve made it and they come off the road for four or five years and don’t sing and before they know it the muscles that you need to be there for you, to hit the notes, have disappeared. And you can get them back. But sometimes you leave it too long and it’s gone forever.

How do you keep your famous body in shape?

I do about 20 minutes in the gym these days. Hardly anything. I’m getting lazier and lazier. I do a lot of walking. I love to walk. Five miles a day I average.





References:

Daltrey happy to be on the road again http://buff.ly/1SoUpMs

1 comment: